As of now, there is no deadline for your videos. I'm estimating that it will take me one year to put it together. I'm a patient of Dr. Jemsek, and I'd love to show the world how much he's changed my life. Dr. Atiga is my heart doctor and I owe it to him for my pacemaker and referring me to Dr. Jemsek. My 2 daughters and I are being treated there.
Hi!!! Sarah Altizer here. I've been blogging about my life struggling with Lyme Complex for years now. I'm appalled and hurt by the medical system, but I think our stories only make it to each other. I would like us to get together over online abilities and share about each of our stories that will be compelling to congress and others to actually LISTEN. What do you think? I am a graphic designer and I can do graphics and some movie clips. If we each do our videos in a professional manner, we can make something great! And by professional, I don't mean lights and $20,000 camera. I believe that natural light (the sun) and our simple iphones can make for a great independant raw film of our stories, your story.
Please converse with me over email at LymeTake2@gmail.com. You may also send photos or videos to that email.
Files will likely be too big, so please upload them to Youtube (don't forget to click "private") and share them with LymeTake2@gmail.com
"How to set your video to private and share it with me"
If you have trouble with this, please email me.
I would love to have a wide range of symptoms. I know that many are invisible symptoms, but you can share by telling me about them (video). Documentaries and movies barely stay 3-5 seconds on one angle of the camera, so you can share a lot with me if you keep this in mind. Even pictures will be helpful.
Please don't type your story to me. Video tape it. I can't do anything with typed words. We need to see it; hear your voice, your pain.
If you have any ideas to add to this list, then please email me:
2. What doctors misdiagnosed you with?
3. How many medications you currently take between supplements, prescriptions, antibiotics etc?
4. Do you have an entire family suffering?
5. Have you been diagnosed with any other tickborne illnesses?
6. Do you have heart issues / pacemaker?
7. Are you on IV or oral? How long for each? How long have you had picc or port?
8. Do you see glimpses of hope?
9. How much money has your family spent to help? Do you have help?
10. Do you know someone who has committed suicide from lyme? Do you have suicidal thoughts?
11. I get actual turrets or tremors, so those things are visible. Please video those. If you have to reproduce them by acting, then that's okay too! These things come on at any second and they are sometimes hard to catch in action. Have a family member or someone to help you video. It makes for a better view.
This one looks great and it's only $13! But there are many out there.
12. Where did you grow up? Get bit? Bulls Eye? etc.
13. How long to get diagnosed? how many doctors?
14. How hard on your family around you? Struggles accepting you? Work, don't work? able to get disability? how hard?
Let me know if you think of anything else....
Here's a recap:
My name is Sarah - Contact me through email only: LymeTake2@gmail.com
No written stories | Video or Photos Only | Videos preferable
List of questions are only to help you get started. Feel free to share anything.
Video with your phone in natural light (sun) | blinds open
Share videos privately through youtube to the email provided: LymeTake2@gmail.com
Invest in a tripod | I would like the video to be still, not shaky (I can't fix that)
However, shaky is okay if it's part of the drama as in a seizure
As of now, there is no deadline! Take your time and make it great!
EMAIL ME NOW